Nominating Bodies for AdjudicatorsWhere do I find an Adjudicator?

I am ready to refer my dispute to Adjudication but how do I find and appoint an adjudicator?

When looking to appoint an adjudicator the first point to check is what it says in your contract. Typically contracts will state the nominating body to be used and can even detail individual names, or even specific qualifications required by the adjudicator.

If you do not have a written contract, or the contract fails to meet the requirements of the Construction Act then the process will fall under The Scheme. In this case you can contact the any nominating body you wish.

The following are some example nominating bodies available to you (this is not an exhaustive list by any means):

  • Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
  • Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
  • Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
  • Construction Industry Council (CIC)
  • Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)

We can also put you in contact with potential adjudicators. For more information please contact us.